1. It is unlawful for any person sixteen years of age or older to perform any of the following acts with a child with or without the child’s consent unless married to each other, for the purpose of arousing or satisfying the sexual desires of either of them:
a. Fondle or touch the pubes or genitals of a child.
b. Permit or cause a child to fondle or touch the person’s genitals or pubes.
c. Cause the touching of the person’s genitals to any part of the body of a child.
d. Solicit a child to engage in a sex act or solicit a person to arrange a sex act with a child.
e. Inflict pain or discomfort upon a child or permit a child to inflict pain or discomfort on the person.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 709.8
- Child: includes child by adoption. See Iowa Code 4.1
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- person: means individual, corporation, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Iowa Code 4.1
2. a. Any person who violates a provision of this section involving an act included in subsection 1, paragraph “a” through “c”, shall, upon conviction, be guilty of a class “C” felony.