Terms Used In Iowa Code 808B.7
- Contents: when used with respect to a wire, oral, or electronic communication, includes any information concerning the identity of the parties to the communication or the existence, substance, purpose, or meaning of that communication. See Iowa Code 808B.1
- Court: means a district court in this state. See Iowa Code 808B.1
- Electronic communication: means any transfer of signals, signs, writing, images, sounds, data, or intelligence of any nature transmitted in whole or in part by a wire, radio, electromagnetic, photoelectronic or photooptical system that affects intrastate, interstate, or foreign commerce, but excludes the following:a. See Iowa Code 808B.1
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Grand jury: agreement providing that a lender will delay exercising its rights (in the case of a mortgage,
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- United States: includes all the states. See Iowa Code 4.1The contents or any part of the contents of an intercepted wire, oral, or electronic communication and any evidence derived from the wire, oral, or electronic communication shall not be received in evidence in a trial, hearing, or other proceeding in or before a court, grand jury, department, officer, agency, regulatory body, legislative committee, or other authority of the United States, a state, or political subdivision of a state if the disclosure of that information would be in violation of this chapter.