1. The commissioner shall investigate and record the cause of any boiler explosion that may occur in the state, the loss of life, injuries sustained, and estimated loss of property, if any; and such other data as may be of benefit in preventing a recurrence of similar explosions.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 89.5
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- property: includes personal and real property. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Rule: includes "regulation". See Iowa Code 4.1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
2. The commissioner shall keep a complete and accurate record of the name of the owner or user of each steam boiler or other equipment subject to this chapter, giving a full description of the equipment, including the type, dimensions, age, condition, the amount of pressure allowed, and the date when last inspected.
3. A rule adopted pursuant to this chapter which adopts standards by reference to another publication shall be exempt from the requirements of section 17A.6, subsection 2, if the following conditions exist:
a. The cost of the publication is an unreasonable expense when compared to the anticipated usage of the publication.
b. A copy of the publication is available from an entity located within the state capitol complex.
c. The rule identifies the location where the publication is available.
d. The administrative rules coordinator approves the exemption.