Terms Used In Iowa Code 99G.25
- Authority: means the Iowa lottery authority. See Iowa Code 99G.3
- Board: means the board of directors of the authority. See Iowa Code 99G.3
- person: means individual, corporation, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Retailer: means a person, licensed by the authority, who sells lottery tickets or shares on behalf of the authority pursuant to a contract. See Iowa Code 99G.3
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
Any lottery retailer license certificate or contract shall not be transferable or assignable. The authority may issue a temporary license when deemed in the best interests of the state. A lottery retailer shall not contract with any person for lottery goods or services, except with the approval of the board.