Iowa Code > Chapter 535A – Mortgage Loans — Red-Lining
Current as of: 2023 | Check for updates | Other versions
|§ 535A.2||Discriminatory — real estate mortgages|
|§ 535A.3||Discretion of financial institution|
|§ 535A.6||Action for damages|
|§ 535A.7||Criminal penalty|
|§ 535A.8||Civil penalty|
|§ 535A.9||Tying arrangements prohibited|
Terms Used In Iowa Code > Chapter 535A - Mortgage Loans -- Red-Lining
- Amortization: Paying off a loan by regular installments.
- Commissioner: means the commissioner of insurance. See Iowa Code 510.1B
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- financial institution: means the same as defined in section 527. See Iowa Code 547A.1
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Interest rate: The amount paid by a borrower to a lender in exchange for the use of the lender's money for a certain period of time. Interest is paid on loans or on debt instruments, such as notes or bonds, either at regular intervals or as part of a lump sum payment when the issue matures. Source: OCC
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Mortgage loan: A loan made by a lender to a borrower for the financing of real property. Source: OCC
- person: means individual, corporation, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Iowa Code 4.1
- property: includes personal and real property. See Iowa Code 4.1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
- year: means twelve consecutive months. See Iowa Code 4.1