Terms Used In Kansas Statutes 65-3471
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Department: means the Kansas department of health and environment. See Kansas Statutes 65-3402
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Property: means real property. See Kansas Statutes 65-34,178
- Release: means any spill, leak, emission, discharge, escape, leak or disposal of drycleaning solvent from a drycleaning facility into the soils or waters of the state. See Kansas Statutes 65-34,142
- Secretary: means the secretary of health and environment. See Kansas Statutes 65-3402
When used in this act, the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings:
(a) “Discharge” means and includes leakage, seepage or other release.
(b) “Hazardous materials” means a substance or material which has been determined by the secretary of the United States department of transportation to be capable of posing an unreasonable risk to health, safety and property when transported in commerce and which has been so designated.
(c) “Person” means and includes any individual, partnership, corporation, association or other entity.