Terms Used In Kansas Statutes 65-34,128
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Fund: means the drycleaning facility release trust fund. See Kansas Statutes 65-34,142
- Month: means a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
- Secretary: means the secretary of health and environment. See Kansas Statutes 65-3402
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
(a) There is hereby established as a segregated fund in the state treasury the storage tank fee fund. Revenue from the following sources shall be deposited in the state treasury and credited to the fund:
(1) Moneys collected from fees for registration of aboveground storage tanks, issuance of storage tank permits, approval of plans for new storage tank installations and conducting of storage tank inspections;
(2) any moneys received by the secretary in the form of gifts, grants, reimbursements or appropriations from any source intended to be used for the purposes of the fund; and
(3) interest attributable to investment of moneys in the fund.
(b) Moneys in the storage tank fee fund shall be expended only for:
(1) Enforcement of storage tank performance standards and registration requirements;
(2) programs intended to prevent releases from storage tanks; and
(3) administration of the provisions of the Kansas storage tank act.
(c) On or before the 10th of each month, the director of accounts and reports shall transfer from the state general fund to the storage tank fee fund interest earnings based on:
(1) The average daily balance of moneys in the storage tank fee fund for the preceding month; and
(2) the net earnings rate of the pooled money investment portfolio for the preceding month.
(d) All expenditures from the storage tank fee fund shall be made in accordance with appropriation acts upon warrants of the director of accounts and reports issued pursuant to vouchers approved by the secretary for the purposes set forth in this section.
(e) This section shall be part of and supplemental to the Kansas storage tank act.