Terms Used In Kansas Statutes 65-5307
- Asbestos: means that asbestiform varieties of: Chrysotile, crocidolite, amosite, anthophyllite, tremolite and actinolite. See Kansas Statutes 65-5301
- Asbestos project: means an activity undertaken to remove or encapsulate friable asbestos containing materials. See Kansas Statutes 65-5301
- Secretary: means the secretary of health and environment. See Kansas Statutes 65-5301
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
(a) Every licensee shall keep a record of each asbestos project it performs and shall make the record available to the secretary at any reasonable time. Records required by this section shall be kept for not less than three years. The record shall include:
(1) The name and address of the individual person who supervised the asbestos project and of each employee or agent of the licensee who worked on the project;
(2) the location and a description of the project and the amount of asbestos material that was removed;
(3) the starting and completion dates of each instance of removal or encapsulation;
(4) a summary of the procedures that were used to comply with all applicable standards;
(5) the name and address of each asbestos disposal site where the waste containing asbestos was deposited; and
(6) any other information which may be required by the secretary.
(b) Every licensee, state agency or political or taxing subdivision of the state that engages in an asbestos project shall notify the secretary, in the manner prescribed by the secretary, of the proposed date on which the project is to be initiated.