Terms Used In Kansas Statutes 65-5312
- Asbestos: means that asbestiform varieties of: Chrysotile, crocidolite, amosite, anthophyllite, tremolite and actinolite. See Kansas Statutes 65-5301
- Asbestos project: means an activity undertaken to remove or encapsulate friable asbestos containing materials. See Kansas Statutes 65-5301
- Business entity: means a partnership, firm, association, corporation, sole proprietorship or other business concern. See Kansas Statutes 65-5301
- License: means an authorization issued by the secretary permitting a business entity to engage in an asbestos project. See Kansas Statutes 65-5301
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
(a) No state agency or political or taxing subdivision of the state shall accept a bid in connection with any asbestos project from a business entity which does not hold a license at the time the bid is submitted.
(b) No state agency or political or taxing subdivision of the state shall carry out any asbestos project using its own employees except in compliance with the requirements of K.S.A. 65-5304 that also apply to business entities.