Terms Used In Kansas Statutes 65-774
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Dairy products: means products which may be made from milk or cream for manufacturing purposes and which are not required to meet grade A standards, including butter, cheese, dry whole milk, nonfat dry milk, dry buttermilk, dry whey, evaporated milk, whole or skim, condensed whole milk, condensed skim milk, sweetened or plain, frozen dairy dessert, and frozen dairy dessert mixes and such other products as may be otherwise designated by rules and regulations. See Kansas Statutes 65-771
- Milk: means the lacteal secretion, practically free from colostrum, obtained by the complete milking of one or more healthy cows. See Kansas Statutes 65-771
- Milk products: means cream, light cream, light whipping cream, heavy cream, heavy whipping cream, whipped cream, whipped light cream, sour cream, acidified sour cream, cultured sour cream, half-and-half, sour half-and-half, acidified sour half-and-half, cultured sour half-and-half, reconstituted or recombined milk and milk products, concentrated milk, concentrated milk products, nonfat skim milk, reduced fat or lowfat milk, frozen milk concentrate, eggnog, buttermilk, cultured milk, cultured reduced fat or lowfat milk, cultured nonfat skim milk, yogurt, lowfat yogurt, nonfat yogurt, acidified milk, acidified reduced fat or lowfat milk, acidified nonfat skim milk, low-sodium milk, low-sodium reduced fat or lowfat milk, low-sodium nonfat skim milk, lactose-reduced milk, lactose-reduced reduced fat or lowfat milk, lactose-reduced nonfat skim milk, aseptically processed and packaged milk and milk products, milk, reduced fat or lowfat milk or nonfat skim milk with added safe and suitable microbial organisms and any other milk product made by the addition or subtraction of milkfat or addition of safe and suitable optional ingredients for protein, vitamin or mineral fortification of milk products defined herein. See Kansas Statutes 65-771
- Oath: includes an affirmation in all cases where an affirmation may be substituted for an oath, and in similar cases "swear" includes affirm. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
- Person: means any individual, plant operator, partnership, corporation, company, firm, trustee, association or institution. See Kansas Statutes 65-771
- Secretary: means the secretary of the Kansas department of agriculture, or the secretary's designee. See Kansas Statutes 65-771
The secretary may:
(a) Examine any books and records which are kept by any person who is subject to this act and which pertain to any milk, milk products or dairy products or any fees required to be paid pursuant to this act;
(b) examine under oath or otherwise, any person whom the secretary may believe has knowledge concerning the unlawful operation of any business required to be licensed under this act or any place where milk, milk products or dairy products are produced, bought, sold or stored contrary to the provisions of this act;
(c) issue subpoenas requiring the appearance of witnesses and the production of books, papers, reports and records, and to administer oaths under this act;
(d) cooperate with, contract with, and receive funds from any governmental agency; and
(e) enter into reciprocal agreements with other states governing the inspection of milk, milk products and dairy products.