Kansas Statutes > Chapter 47 > Article 12 – Disposal of Dead Animals
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Kansas Statutes > Chapter 47 > Article 12 - Disposal of Dead Animals
- Carcasses of domestic animals: means bodies, or any part or portion thereof, of dead domestic animals not slaughtered for human food. See Kansas Statutes 47-1201
- Commissioner: means the animal health commissioner of the state of Kansas. See Kansas Statutes 47-1201
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Disposal plant: means a place of business or a location where the carcasses of domestic animals or packing house refuse is purchased, received or unloaded and where such carcasses or refuse are processed for the purpose of obtaining the hide, skin, grease, residue, or any other byproduct from the animal or refuse, in any way whatsoever. See Kansas Statutes 47-1201
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means any individual, partnership, firm, corporation or association. See Kansas Statutes 47-1201
- Place of transfer: means a reloading site, authorized for use in direct transferring of carcasses of domestic animals from vehicles making original pickup or loading to a line vehicle for the transportation of the carcasses to the disposal plant. See Kansas Statutes 47-1201
- Property: includes personal and real property. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
- Residence: means the place which is adopted by a person as the person's place of habitation and to which, whenever the person is absent, the person has the intention of returning. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
- road: include public bridges and may be construed to be equivalent to "county way" "county road" "common road" "state road" and "territorial road. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Substation: means a concentration site equipped with at least one storage building and operated and maintained for the temporary deposit or storage of the carcasses of domestic animals pending final delivery of the carcasses to the disposal plant. See Kansas Statutes 47-1201