Kansas Statutes > Chapter 60 > Article 19 – Wrongful Death Actions
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
|§ 60-1901||Cause of action|
|§ 60-1903||Amount of damages; jury instructions; itemized verdict|
|§ 60-1904||Elements of damage|
|§ 60-1905||Apportionment of recovery|
|§ 60-1906||Wrongful life or wrongful birth claims; prohibited|
Terms Used In Kansas Statutes > Chapter 60 > Article 19 - Wrongful Death Actions
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Minor: means any person defined by Kan. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Probate: Proving a will
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- Verdict: The decision of a petit jury or a judge.