|§ 32-21-01||When action for death by wrongful act maintainable|
|§ 32-21-02||Measure of recovery|
|§ 32-21-03||Who may bring action|
|§ 32-21-04||Recovery exempt from decedent’s debts|
|§ 32-21-05||Action not abated by death|
|§ 32-21-06||Compromise of action|
Terms Used In North Dakota Code > Chapter 32-21 - Death by Wrongful Act
- children: includes children by birth and by adoption. See North Dakota Code 1-01-18
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute means the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- Person: means an individual, organization, government, political subdivision, or government agency or instrumentality. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.