|Chapter 1||Wrongful Death Generally|
|Chapter 2||Wrongful Death or Injury of a Child|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 34 > Article 23
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- minor: means a person less than eighteen (18) years of age. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Personal property: includes goods, chattels, evidences of debt, and things in action. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.