|Chapter 1||Wrongful Death Generally|
|Chapter 2||Wrongful Death or Injury of a Child|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 34 > Article 23
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- minor: means a person less than eighteen (18) years of age. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Personal property: includes goods, chattels, evidences of debt, and things in action. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.