Terms Used In Kansas Statutes > Chapter 74 > Article 30
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Month: means a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
- National Bank: A bank that is subject to the supervision of the Comptroller of the Currency. The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency is a bureau of the U.S. Treasury Department. A national bank can be recognized because it must have "national" or "national association" in its name. Source: OCC
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Recess: A temporary interruption of the legislative business.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.