|§ 509.020||Unlawful imprisonment in the first degree|
|§ 509.030||Unlawful imprisonment in the second degree|
|§ 509.070||Custodial interference|
|§ 509.080||Criminal coercion|
Terms Used In Kentucky Statutes > Chapter 509
- Action: includes all proceedings in any court of this state. See Kentucky Statutes 446.010
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Capital offense: A crime punishable by death.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Relative: means a parent, ancestor, brother, sister, uncle or aunt. See Kentucky Statutes 509.010
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.