Terms Used In Utah Code > Title 78B > Chapter 16
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Extradition: The formal process of delivering an accused or convicted person from authorities in one state to authorities in another state.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- LEA: means :
(a) a school district; (b) a charter school; or (c) the Utah Schools for the Deaf and the Blind. See Utah Code 53E-1-102
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Public education code: means :
(a) this title; (b) Title 53F, Public Education System -- Funding; and (c) Title 53G, Public Education System -- Local Administration. See Utah Code 53E-1-102
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes a state, district, or territory of the United States. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- State board: means the State Board of Education. See Utah Code 53E-1-102
- State superintendent: means the state superintendent of public instruction appointed under Section 53E-3-301. See Utah Code 53E-1-102
- United States: includes each state, district, and territory of the United States of America. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5