Terms Used In Louisiana Revised Statutes 3:4423
- Commissioner: means the Louisiana commissioner of agriculture and forestry. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 3:4423
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
As used in this Part, the following terms shall have the meanings ascribed below:
(1) “Commissioner” means the Louisiana commissioner of agriculture and forestry.
(2) “Forest products” include the following:
(a) Products that are derived from woody biomass.
(b) Forest wood waste, including residual tops and limbs of trees, unused cull trees, pre-commercial thinnings, and wood or debris from noncommercial tree species, slash, or brush.
(c) Any wood chips or fibers or other organic substances and any inorganic substances recovered from forest wood waste or produced as byproducts of processing wood.
(3) “Incentives” means any tax exemption, tax credit, tax exclusion, tax deduction, rebate, investment, contract, or grant made available by the state to directly support the purchase of forestry products. “Incentives” shall not mean any such benefit available under statutorily provided programs including Louisiana Quality Jobs Program Act (R.S. 51:2451, et seq.), Louisiana Enterprise Zone Act (R.S. 51:1781, et seq.), Industry Assistance (R.S. 47:4301, et seq.), Industrial Tax Exemption (La. Const. Art. VII, Sec. 21(F), Economic Development Award Program (R.S. 51:2341), Economic Development Loan Program (R.S. 51:2312), Tax Equalization (R.S. 47:3201, et seq.), Rapid Response Fund (R.S. 51:2361), and Mega-Project Development Fund (R.S. 51:2365).
Acts 2009, No. 352, §1, eff. July 6, 2009.