Louisiana Revised Statutes > Title 23 > Chapter 6-A – Louisiana Equal Pay for Women Act
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Louisiana Revised Statutes > Title 23 > Chapter 6-A - Louisiana Equal Pay for Women Act
- Clerk of court: An officer appointed by the court to work with the chief judge in overseeing the court's administration, especially to assist in managing the flow of cases through the court and to maintain court records.
- Commission: means the Louisiana Commission on Human Rights. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 23:663
- Communication: means the acquiring, recording or transmittal, of any information, in any manner whatsoever, concerning any facts, opinions or statements necessary to enable the health care provider to diagnose, treat, prescribe or to act for the patients; said communications may include, but are not limited to any and all medical records, office records, hospital records, charts, correspondence, memoranda, laboratory tests and results, x-rays, photographs, financial statements, diagnoses and prognoses. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 13:3734
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Deposition: An oral statement made before an officer authorized by law to administer oaths. Such statements are often taken to examine potential witnesses, to obtain discovery, or to be used later in trial.
- Employee: means any female individual who is employed to work forty or more hours a week and who is employed by the employer. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 23:663
- Employer: means any department, office, division, agency, commission, board, committee or other organizational unit of the state. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 23:663
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Health care provider: means a hospital, as defined in this Subsection, and means a person, corporation, facility, or institution licensed by the state to provide health care or professional services as a physician, hospital, dentist, registered or licensed practical nurse, pharmacist, optometrist, podiatrist, chiropractor, physical therapist, psychologist, social worker, or licensed professional counselor and an officer, employee, or agent thereof acting in the course and scope of his employment. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 13:3734
- Hospital: means any hospital as defined in La. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 13:3734
- Juror: A person who is on the jury.
- National Bank: A bank that is subject to the supervision of the Comptroller of the Currency. The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency is a bureau of the U.S. Treasury Department. A national bank can be recognized because it must have "national" or "national association" in its name. Source: OCC
- Patient: means a natural person who receives health care from a licensed health care provider. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 13:3734
- Representative: means the spouse, parent, tutor, curator, trustee, attorney or other legal agent of the patient. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 13:3734
- Summons: Another word for subpoena used by the criminal justice system.