|§ 48:911||Application of Sub-part|
|§ 48:912||Certain municipalities and parishes may build bridges; borrowing money|
|§ 48:913||Fixing and pledge of tolls|
|§ 48:914||Certificates to be valid obligations|
Terms Used In Louisiana Revised Statutes > Title 48 > Chapter 3 > Part II > Subpart C
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- person: includes a body of persons, whether incorporated or not. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 1:10
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.