|Chapter 5201||Galveston County Road District No. 1||5201.001 – 5201.101|
|Chapter 5202||Nueces County Road District No. 4||5202.001 – 5202.051|
Terms Used In Texas Special District Local Laws Code > Title 5 > Subtitle B - Road and Road Utility Districts
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Comptroller: means the state comptroller of public accounts. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Interest rate: The amount paid by a borrower to a lender in exchange for the use of the lender's money for a certain period of time. Interest is paid on loans or on debt instruments, such as notes or bonds, either at regular intervals or as part of a lump sum payment when the issue matures. Source: OCC
- Justice: when applied to a magistrate, means justice of the peace. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- United States: includes a department, bureau, or other agency of the United States of America. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Week: means seven consecutive days. See Texas Government Code 311.005