|Part I||Incorporation–Powers and Duties||48:1091 – 48:1106|
|Part II||Contracts With Department of Highways||48:1151 – 48:1158|
|Part III||Transfer of Functions to Board of Highways||48:1161 – 48:1167.1|
Terms Used In Louisiana Revised Statutes > Title 48 > Chapter 5
- Agreement: means the document of participation between a participating employer and the board, that sets forth the requirements and procedures for covering the employees of such participating employer under this system. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:1732
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Authorized agent: means the employee authorized by a participating employer to act as the coordinator between the board and the participating employer. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:1732
- board of trustees: means the board of trustees of this system. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:1732
- Commissioner: means the Louisiana Commissioner of Agriculture and Forestry. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 3:1
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Department: means the Department of Agriculture and Forestry. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 3:1
- Disability: means a condition which in the determination of the board renders an employee permanently and totally disabled, by bodily injury or disease, leaving him incapable of any employment, provided that such condition is not, directly or indirectly, the result of military service, engaging in a felonious criminal enterprise, habitual drunkenness or use of narcotics, intentionally self-inflicted injury, or declared war or enemy action. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:1732
- Employee: means a person including an elected official, actively employed by a participating employer on a permanent, regularly scheduled basis of at least an average of thirty-five hours per week. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:1732
- Enrolled bill: The final copy of a bill or joint resolution which has passed both chambers in identical form. It is printed on parchment paper, signed by appropriate officials, and submitted to the President/Governor for signature.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Health care: means any act or treatment which was performed or furnished or which should have been performed or furnished by any person covered by this Part for, to, or on behalf of, a patient during the medical care, treatment or confinement of the patient. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 40:1237.1
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Medical board: means the board of physicians which shall arrange for or review medical examinations as required by this Chapter or applicable state laws. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:1732
- Member: means a contributing employee who is covered under the provisions of this Chapter. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:1732
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Revision date: means October 1, 1978, the effective date of the establishment of Plan A and Plan B. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 11:1732