|§ 51:2021||Short title; definitions|
|§ 51:2022||Creation of Web page or domain name for fraudulent purposes|
|§ 51:2023||Electronic mail fraud|
|§ 51:2024||Civil relief|
|§ 51:2025||Applicability of Chapter|
Terms Used In Louisiana Revised Statutes > Title 51 > Chapter 30-B - Louisiana Anti-Phishing Act
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Board: means the Board of Ethics. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 42:1102
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- District: means the Jefferson Parish Communication District as created by Act No. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 33:9125
- Electronic mail: means a message, file, or other information that is transmitted through a local, regional, or global computer network, regardless of whether the message, file, or other information is viewed, stored for retrieval at a later time, printed, or filtered by a computer program that is designed or intended to filter or screen those items. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 51:2021
- Exchange access facilities: means all lines, or their equivalent wireless service, provided for by the service supplier for the provision of local exchange service. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 33:9125
- Fund the district: means pay the expenses necessary to carry out all purposes of the district, including but not limited to identification of all streets, roads, highways, and dwelling places in the district and to provide for other communication enhancements for public safety agencies to decrease response time and improve effectiveness. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 33:9125
- Identifying information: means information that alone or in conjunction with other information identifies an individual, including an individual's:
(a) Name, social security number, date of birth, and government-issued identification number. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 51:2021
- Internet domain name: refers to a globally unique, hierarchical reference to an Internet host or service, assigned through a centralized Internet-naming authority and composed of a series of character strings separated by periods with the right-most string specifying the top of the hierarchy. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 51:2021
- Mortgagor: The person who pledges property to a creditor as collateral for a loan and who receives the money.
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Person: means an individual or legal entity other than a governmental entity, or an agency thereof. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 42:1102
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Service: means the performance of work, duties, or responsibilities, or the leasing, rental, or sale of movable or immovable property. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 42:1102
- Service supplier: means any person providing any of the following:
(a) A landline exchange telephone service. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 33:9125
- Tariff rate: means the rate or rates billed by a service supplier as stated in the landline exchange telephone service supplier's tariffs and approved by the Public Service Commission, which represent the service supplier's recurring charges for landline exchange access facilities, exclusive of all taxes, fees, licenses, or similar charges whatsoever. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 33:9125
- Web page: means a location that has a single uniform resource locator (URL) with respect to the World Wide Web or another location that can be accessed on the Internet. See Louisiana Revised Statutes 51:2021