Maine Revised Statutes > Title 15 > Part 4 – Judgment and Proceedings
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
[PL 1973, c. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 5 Sec. 4597
Terms Used In Maine Revised Statutes > Title 15 > Part 4 - Judgment and Proceedings
- Abandoned ice-fishing shack: means a temporary structure used for ice fishing and left on property not owned by the person owning the structure without permission of the landowner. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 17 Sec. 2263
- Affiliate: means any company that controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with another company. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 9-B Sec. 131
- Agency: means a branch office of a financial institution at which all or part of the business of the institution is conducted, but the records pertaining to such business are maintained at another office of the institution, and not at such agency office. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 9-B Sec. 131
- Allegation: something that someone says happened.
- Appellate: About appeals; an appellate court has the power to review the judgement of another lower court or tribunal.
- Application for credit: means any communication, oral or written, by a person to a creditor requesting an extension of credit to that person or to any other person, and includes any procedure involving the renewal or alteration of credit privileges or the changing of the name of the person to whom credit is extended;
(a). See Maine Revised Statutes Title 11 Sec. 9-1102
Commercial activity: means any activity in which a bank holding company, a financial holding company, a national bank or a national bank financial subsidiary may not engage under federal law. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 9-B Sec. 131 Commercial purpose: means for the purpose of economic gain. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 17 Sec. 2263 Commercial vehicle: means a vehicle owned or used by a business, corporation, association, partnership, or the sole proprietorship of any entity conducting business for a commercial purpose. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 17 Sec. 2263 Commercially: means , with regard to the buying, selling, bartering or trading of wildlife parts, for the purpose of resale or profit or receiving any form of remuneration. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 12 Sec. 10001 Commissioner: means the Commissioner of Health and Human Services. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 22 Sec. 1-A Commissioner: means the Commissioner of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 12 Sec. 10001 Common law: The legal system that originated in England and is now in use in the United States. It is based on judicial decisions rather than legislative action. Communicable disease: is a disease capable of being transmitted from one person to another. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 22 Sec. 2662 container: means any and all packages or containers used for the purpose of containing a product sold or held out for sale for human or animal consumption. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 17 Sec. 2263 Continuance: Putting off of a hearing ot trial until a later time. Continuation statement: means an amendment of a financing statement that:
(a). See Maine Revised Statutes Title 11 Sec. 9-1102[PL 1973, c. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 5 Sec. 4597
Credit: means the right granted by a creditor to a person to defer payment of debt or to incur debt and defer its payment, or purchase property or services and defer payment therefor;