As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise indicates, the following terms have the following meanings. [1987, c. 737, Pt. A, §2 (NEW); 1987, c. 737, Pt. C, §106 (NEW); 1989, c. 6, (AMD); 1989, c. 9, §2 (AMD); 1989, c. 104, Pt. C, §§8, 10 (AMD).]
Terms Used In Maine Revised Statutes Title 30-A Sec. 5903
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Municipality: means a city or town, except as provided in chapter 225. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 30-A Sec. 2001
- Person: means an individual, corporation, partnership, firm, organization or other legal entity. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 30-A Sec. 2001
- Sewage: means the water-carried wastes created in and carried or to be carried away from any structure together with any surface or ground water or household and industrial waste that is present. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 30-A Sec. 2001
- Town: includes cities and plantations, unless otherwise expressed or implied. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 15 Sec. 225
- United States: includes territories and the District of Columbia. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 15 Sec. 225