As used in this act:
(a) “Ward” means an individual for whom a guardian is appointed.
Terms Used In Michigan Laws 700.1108
- Codicil: An addition, change, or supplement to a will executed with the same formalities required for the will itself.
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Guardian: means a person who has qualified as a guardian of a minor or a legally incapacitated individual under a parental or spousal nomination or a court appointment and includes a limited guardian as described in sections 5205, 5206, and 5306. See Michigan Laws 700.1104
- Intestate: Dying without leaving a will.
- Personal representative: includes , but is not limited to, an executor, administrator, successor personal representative, and special personal representative, and any other person, other than a trustee of a trust subject to article VII, who performs substantially the same function under the law governing that person's status. See Michigan Laws 700.1106
- Property: means anything that may be the subject of ownership, and includes both real and personal property or an interest in real or personal property. See Michigan Laws 700.1106
(b) “Will” includes, but is not limited to, a codicil and a testamentary instrument that appoints a personal representative, revokes or revises another will, nominates a guardian, or expressly excludes or limits the right of an individual or class to succeed to the decedent‘s property that is passing by intestate succession.