160.045. Standards for teaching required. — 1. Each public school shall develop standards for teaching no later than June 30, 2010. The standards shall be applicable to all public schools, including public charter schools operated by the board of a school district.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 160.045
- following: when used by way of reference to any section of the statutes, mean the section next preceding or next following that in which the reference is made, unless some other section is expressly designated in the reference. See Missouri Laws 1.020
2. Teaching standards shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) Students actively participate and are successful in the learning process;
(2) Various forms of assessment are used to monitor and manage student learning;
(3) The teacher is prepared and knowledgeable of the content and effectively maintains students’ on-task behavior;
(4) The teacher uses professional communication and interaction with the school community;
(5) The teacher keeps current on instructional knowledge and seeks and explores changes in teaching behaviors that will improve student performance; and
(6) The teacher acts as a responsible professional in the overall mission of the school.
3. The department may provide assistance to public schools in developing these standards upon request.