1. An individual abortion report for each abortion performed or induced upon a woman shall be completed by the physician who performed or induced the abortion. Abortion reports shall include, but not be limited to, a certification that the physician does not have any knowledge that the woman sought the abortion solely because of a prenatal diagnosis, test, or screening indicating Down Syndrome or the potential of Down Syndrome in the unborn child and a certification that the physician does not have any knowledge that the woman sought the abortion solely because of the sex or race of the unborn child.
2. An individual complication report for any post-abortion care performed upon a woman shall be completed by the physician providing such post-abortion care. This report shall include:
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 188.052
- Abortion facility: a clinic, physician's office, or any other place or facility in which abortions are performed or induced other than a hospital. See Missouri Laws 188.015
- Department: the department of health and senior services. See Missouri Laws 188.015
- Down Syndrome: the same meaning as defined in section Missouri Laws 188.015
- Physician: any person licensed to practice medicine in this state by the state board of registration for the healing arts. See Missouri Laws 188.015
- Unborn child: the offspring of human beings from the moment of conception until birth and at every stage of its biological development, including the human conceptus, zygote, morula, blastocyst, embryo, and fetus. See Missouri Laws 188.015
(1) The date of the abortion;
(2) The name and address of the abortion facility or hospital where the abortion was performed or induced;
(3) The nature of the abortion complication diagnosed or treated.
3. All abortion reports shall be signed by the attending physician who performed or induced the abortion and submitted to the department within forty-five days from the date of the abortion. All complication reports shall be signed by the physician providing the post-abortion care and submitted to the department within forty-five days from the date of the post-abortion care.
4. A copy of the abortion report shall be made a part of the medical record of the patient of the abortion facility or hospital in which the abortion was performed or induced.
5. The department shall be responsible for collecting all abortion reports and complication reports and collating and evaluating all data gathered therefrom and shall annually publish a statistical report based on such data from abortions performed or induced in the previous calendar year.