1. Every abortion facility, hospital, and physician shall be supplied with forms by the department of health and senior services for use in regards to the consents and reports required by sections 188.010 to 188.085. A purpose and function of such consents and reports shall be the preservation of maternal health and life by adding to the sum of medical knowledge through the compilation of relevant maternal health and life data and to monitor all abortions performed to assure that they are done only under and in accordance with the provisions of the law.
2. All information obtained by physician, hospital, or abortion facility from a patient for the purpose of preparing reports to the department of health and senior services under sections 188.010 to 188.085 or reports received by the division of health shall be confidential and shall be used only for statistical purposes. Such records, however, may be inspected and health data acquired by local, state, or national public health officers.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 188.055
- Abortion facility: a clinic, physician's office, or any other place or facility in which abortions are performed or induced other than a hospital. See Missouri Laws 188.015
- Department: the department of health and senior services. See Missouri Laws 188.015
- Physician: any person licensed to practice medicine in this state by the state board of registration for the healing arts. See Missouri Laws 188.015
- State: when applied to any of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" includes such district and territories. See Missouri Laws 1.020