1. Every hospital, abortion facility, pathology lab, medical research entity, and any other facility involved in abortion shall establish and implement a written policy relating to the protections for employees who disclose information concerning actual, potential, or alleged violations of applicable federal or state laws or administrative rules, regulations, or standards.
2. The department of health and senior services is authorized to adopt rules, regulations, and standards regarding the establishment and implementation of policies created under this section. Any rule or portion of a rule, as that term is defined in section 536.010, that is created under the authority delegated in this section shall become effective only if it complies with and is subject to all of the provisions of chapter 536 and, if applicable, section 536.028. This section and chapter 536 are nonseverable and if any of the powers vested with the general assembly pursuant to chapter 536 to review, to delay the effective date, or to disapprove and annul a rule are subsequently held unconstitutional, then the grant of rulemaking authority and any rule proposed or adopted after October 24, 2017, shall be invalid and void.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 188.160
- Abortion facility: a clinic, physician's office, or any other place or facility in which abortions are performed or induced other than a hospital. See Missouri Laws 188.015
- Department: the department of health and senior services. See Missouri Laws 188.015
- State: when applied to any of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" includes such district and territories. See Missouri Laws 1.020