1. There is hereby established the “Missouri Alternatives to Abortion Services Program” which shall be administered by a state agency or agencies, as designated by appropriations to such or each agency. The alternatives to abortion services program shall consist of services or counseling to pregnant women and continuing for one year after birth to assist women in carrying their unborn children to term instead of having abortions, and to assist women in caring for their dependent children or placing their children for adoption.
2. Services provided under the alternatives to abortion program shall include but not be limited to the following:
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 188.325
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- following: when used by way of reference to any section of the statutes, mean the section next preceding or next following that in which the reference is made, unless some other section is expressly designated in the reference. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- State: when applied to any of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" includes such district and territories. See Missouri Laws 1.020
(1) Prenatal care;
(2) Medical and mental health care;
(3) Parenting skills;
(4) Drug and alcohol testing and treatment;
(5) Child care, and newborn and infant care;
(6) Housing and utilities;
(7) Educational services;
(8) Food, clothing, and supplies relating to pregnancy, newborn care, and parenting;
(9) Adoption assistance;
(10) Job training and placement;
(11) Establishing and promoting responsible paternity;
(12) Ultrasound services;
(13) Case management;
(14) Domestic abuse protection; and
3. Actual provision and delivery of services and counseling shall be dependent on client needs and not otherwise prioritized by the agency or agencies administering the program. Services and counseling shall be available only during pregnancy and continuing for one year after birth, and shall exclude any family planning services. The agency or agencies administering the program may contract with other public or private agencies or entities to provide the services or counseling on behalf of the agency or agencies administering the program. Such other public or private agencies or entities may provide additional services or counseling, or services or counseling for more than one year after birth, that are not funded under the alternatives to abortion services program, as long as such services or counseling are not inconsistent with the provisions of this section. Contractors for the alternatives to abortion services program may also be contractors for the alternatives to abortion public awareness program established in section 188.335.
4. The agency or agencies administering the program shall to the greatest extent possible supplement and match moneys appropriated for the alternatives to abortion services program with federal and other public moneys and with private moneys. The agency or agencies administering the program shall prioritize such additional federal, other public, and private moneys so that they are used preferentially for the alternatives to abortion services program and the alternatives to abortion public awareness program.
5. The alternatives to abortion services program and the moneys expended under this section shall not be used to perform or induce, assist in the performing or inducing of or refer for abortions. Moneys expended under this section shall not be granted to organizations or affiliates of organizations that perform or induce, assist in the performing or inducing of or refer for abortions.