210.258. Religious organizations operating facility, no interference permitted with curriculum, personnel or selection of children — discipline policies, explanation required for parent. — The provisions of this section and section 210.259 apply to a child care facility maintained or operated under the exclusive control of a religious organization. Nothing in sections 210.252 to 210.257 shall be construed to authorize the department of health and senior services or any other governmental entity:
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 210.258
- Guardian: if used in a section in a context relating to property rights or obligations, means conservator of the estate as defined in Missouri Laws 1.020
(1) To interfere with the program, curriculum, ministry, teaching or instruction offered in a child care facility;
(2) To interfere with the selection, certification, minimal formal educational degree requirements, supervision or terms of employment of a facility’s personnel;
(3) To interfere with the selection of individuals sitting on any governing board of a child care facility;
(4) To interfere with the selection of children enrolled in a child care facility; or
(5) To prohibit the use of corporal punishment. However, the department of health and senior services may require the child care facility to provide the parent or guardian enrolling a child in the facility a written explanation of the disciplinary philosophy and policies of the child care facility.
Nothing in subdivisions (2) and (3) of this section shall be interpreted to relieve a child care facility of its duties and obligations under section 210.1080, or to interfere with the department’s duties and obligations under said section.