1. The board shall elect a president and secretary at the first regular meeting held after January first of each year. Each member of the board shall receive as compensation for his services the sum of fifty dollars per day while discharging the actual duties of the board, and each member shall receive necessary traveling expenses while actually engaged in the performance of his duties as a member of the board.
2. The board shall have a common seal, and shall adopt rules and regulations for the application and enforcement of this chapter. The president and secretary shall have power to administer oaths. Four members shall constitute a quorum. They shall publish the dates and places for examinations at least thirty days prior to the meeting. The board shall create no expenses exceeding the sums received from time to time as herein provided.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 331.100
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
3. The board shall employ such board personnel as may be necessary to carry out the provisions of this chapter. Board personnel shall include an executive secretary or comparable position, inspectors, investigators, attorneys, and secretarial support staff for these positions.
4. Board personnel shall have their duties and compensation prescribed by the board within appropriations for that purpose, except that compensation for board personnel shall not exceed that established for comparable positions, as determined by the board, under the job and pay plan of the department of commerce and insurance.
5. Members of the board shall not be personally liable either jointly or separately for any act or acts committed in the performance of their official duties as board members.