475.016. Persons adjudged incompetent prior to September 28, 1983 — review — effect on prior appointed guardians — one year to meet new reporting requirements. — 1. If there has been an adjudication of incompetency before September 28, 1983, any person so adjudicated shall be deemed totally incapacitated and totally disabled as defined in section 475.010, until such time as the probate division of the circuit court of the county of proper venue, upon the annual review proceeding prescribed by section 475.082 or otherwise, may review the nature of the incapacity or disability of the person so adjudicated and alter the nature of the adjudication if, as a consequence of the review, it appears to the court that the person is not both totally incapacitated and totally disabled as defined in section 475.010. A guardian of the person appointed before September 28, 1983, shall be deemed a guardian as defined in section 475.010. A guardian of the estate appointed before September 28, 1983, shall be deemed a conservator as defined in section 475.010.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 475.016
- conservator: as used in this chapter , includes limited conservator unless otherwise specified or apparent from the context. See Missouri Laws 475.010
- Guardian: one appointed by a court to have the care and custody of the person of a minor or of an incapacitated person. See Missouri Laws 475.010
- Incompetent: if used in a section in a context relating to actual occupational ability without reference to a court adjudication of incompetency, means the actual ability of a person to perform in that occupation. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, and to partnerships and other unincorporated associations. See Missouri Laws 1.020
2. Existing guardians and conservators shall have one year after August 28, 2018, to meet any annual and other reporting requirements that are different from the former requirements of this chapter* prior to August 28, 2018.