475.061. Application for conservatorship — may combine with petition for guardian of person. — 1. Any person may file a petition in the probate division of the circuit court of the county of proper venue for the appointment of himself or herself or some other qualified person as conservator of the estate of a minor or disabled person. The petition shall contain the same allegations as are set forth in subdivisions (1), (8), and (10) of subsection 2 of section 475.060 with respect to the appointment of a guardian for an incapacitated person and, in addition thereto, an allegation that the respondent is unable by reason of some specific physical or cognitive condition to receive and evaluate information or to communicate decisions to such an extent that the respondent lacks ability to manage his financial resources or that the respondent is under the age of eighteen years.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 475.061
- conservator: as used in this chapter , includes limited conservator unless otherwise specified or apparent from the context. See Missouri Laws 475.010
- disabled person: one who is:
(a) Unable by reason of any physical, mental, or cognitive condition to receive and evaluate information or to communicate decisions to such an extent that the person lacks ability to manage the person's financial resources. See Missouri Laws 475.010
- Guardian: one appointed by a court to have the care and custody of the person of a minor or of an incapacitated person. See Missouri Laws 475.010
- Incapacitated person: one who is unable by reason of any physical, mental, or cognitive condition to receive and evaluate information or to communicate decisions to such an extent that the person, even with appropriate services and assistive technology, lacks capacity to manage the person's essential requirements for food, clothing, shelter, safety or other care such that serious physical injury, illness, or disease is likely to occur. See Missouri Laws 475.010
- Minor: any person who is under the age of eighteen years. See Missouri Laws 475.010
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, and to partnerships and other unincorporated associations. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- qualified person: a natural person, social service agency, corporation or national or state banking organization qualified to act as guardian of the person or conservator of the estate pursuant to the provisions of section Missouri Laws 475.010
2. A petition for appointment of a conservator or limited conservator of the estate may be combined with a petition for appointment of a guardian or limited guardian of the person. In such a combined petition allegations need not be repeated.