475.385. Administrator as party in interest. — 1. The administrator shall be a party in interest in any proceeding for the appointment or removal of a guardian or for the removal of the disability of minority or mental incapacity of a ward, and in any suit or other proceeding affecting in any manner the administration by the guardian of the estate of any present or former ward whose estate includes assets derived in whole or in part from benefits heretofore or hereafter paid by the Veterans Administration.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 475.385
- Guardian: one appointed by a court to have the care and custody of the person of a minor or of an incapacitated person. See Missouri Laws 475.010
- hereafter: means the time after the statute containing it takes effect. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- Heretofore: means any time previous to the day when the statute containing it takes effect. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- Ward: a minor or an incapacitated person for whom a guardian, limited guardian, or standby guardian has been appointed. See Missouri Laws 475.010
2. Not less than fifteen days prior to hearing in such matter, notice in writing of the time and place thereof shall be given by mail (unless waived in writing) to the office of the Veterans Administration having jurisdiction over the area in which any such suit or any such proceeding is pending.