(1) “Adult”, an individual who has attained eighteen years of age;
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 475.502
- Adult: a person who has reached the age of eighteen years. See Missouri Laws 475.010
- conservator: as used in this chapter , includes limited conservator unless otherwise specified or apparent from the context. See Missouri Laws 475.010
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- following: when used by way of reference to any section of the statutes, mean the section next preceding or next following that in which the reference is made, unless some other section is expressly designated in the reference. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- Guardian: one appointed by a court to have the care and custody of the person of a minor or of an incapacitated person. See Missouri Laws 475.010
- Guardianship: if used in a section in a context relating to rights and obligations other than property rights or obligations, means guardian of the person as defined in Missouri Laws 1.020
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, and to partnerships and other unincorporated associations. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- Property: includes real and personal property. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- State: when applied to any of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" includes such district and territories. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- United States: includes such district and territories. See Missouri Laws 1.020
(2) “Conservator”, a person appointed by the court to administer the property of an adult, including a person appointed under this chapter;
(3) “Guardian”, a person appointed by the court to make decisions regarding the person of an adult, including a person appointed under this chapter;
(4) “Guardianship order”, an order appointing a guardian;
(5) “Guardianship proceeding”, a proceeding in which an order for the appointment of a guardian is sought or has been issued;
(6) “Incapacitated person”, an adult for whom a guardian has been appointed;
(7) “Party”, the respondent, petitioner, guardian, conservator, or any other person allowed by the court to participate in a guardianship or protective proceeding;
(8) “Person”, except in the term “incapacitated person” or “protected person”, an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, limited liability company, association, joint venture, public corporation, government or governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality, or any other legal or commercial entity;
(9) “Protected person”, an adult for whom a protective order has been issued;
(10) “Protective order”, an order appointing a conservator or other order related to management of an adult’s property;
(11) “Protective proceeding”, a judicial proceeding in which a protective order is sought or has been issued;
(12) “Record”, information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in perceivable form;
(13) “Respondent”, an adult for whom a protective order or the appointment of a guardian is sought;
(14) “State”, a state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands, a federally recognized Indian tribe, or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.