475.505. Cooperation between courts. — 1. In a guardianship or protective proceeding in this state, a court of this state may request the appropriate court of another state to:
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 475.505
- Guardianship: if used in a section in a context relating to rights and obligations other than property rights or obligations, means guardian of the person as defined in Missouri Laws 1.020
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, and to partnerships and other unincorporated associations. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- State: when applied to any of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" includes such district and territories. See Missouri Laws 1.020
(1) Hold an evidentiary hearing;
(2) Order a person in that state to produce evidence or give testimony pursuant to procedures of that state;
(3) Order that an evaluation or assessment be made of the respondent;
(4) Order any appropriate investigation of a person involved in a proceeding;
(5) Forward to the court of this state a certified copy of the transcript or other record of a hearing under subdivision (1) of subsection 1 of this section or any other proceeding, any evidence otherwise produced under subdivision (2) of subsection 1 of this section, and any evaluation or assessment prepared in compliance with an order under subdivisions (3) and (4) of subsection 1 of this section;
(6) Issue any order necessary to assure the appearance in the proceeding of a person whose presence is necessary for the court to make a determination, including the respondent or the incapacitated or protected person;
(7) Issue an order authorizing the release of medical, financial, criminal, or other relevant information in that state, including protected health information as defined in 45 CFR 160.103, as amended.
2. If a court of another state in which a guardianship or protective proceeding is pending requests assistance of the kind provided in subsection 1 of this section, a court of this state has jurisdiction for the limited purpose of granting the request or making reasonable efforts to comply with the request.