475.543. Effect of registration. — 1. Upon registration of a guardianship or protective order from another state, the guardian or conservator may exercise in this state all powers authorized in the order of appointment except as prohibited under the laws of this state, including maintaining actions and proceedings in this state and, if the guardian or conservator is not a resident of this state, subject to any conditions imposed upon nonresident parties.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 475.543
- conservator: as used in this chapter , includes limited conservator unless otherwise specified or apparent from the context. See Missouri Laws 475.010
- Guardian: one appointed by a court to have the care and custody of the person of a minor or of an incapacitated person. See Missouri Laws 475.010
- Guardianship: if used in a section in a context relating to rights and obligations other than property rights or obligations, means guardian of the person as defined in Missouri Laws 1.020
- State: when applied to any of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" includes such district and territories. See Missouri Laws 1.020
2. A court of this state may grant any relief available under sections 475.501 to 475.555 and other law of this state to enforce a registered order.