1. A person commits the offense of rape in the second degree if he or she has sexual intercourse with another person knowing that he or she does so without that person’s consent.
2. The offense of rape in the second degree is a class D felony.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 566.031
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, and to partnerships and other unincorporated associations. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- Sexual intercourse: any penetration, however slight, of the female genitalia by the penis. See Missouri Laws 566.010