566.062. Statutory sodomy and attempt to commit, first degree, penalties. — 1. A person commits the offense of statutory sodomy in the first degree if he or she has deviate sexual intercourse with another person who is less than fourteen years of age.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 566.062
- Aggravated sexual offense: any sexual offense, in the course of which, the actor:
(a) Inflicts serious physical injury on the victim. See Missouri Laws 566.010
- Deviate sexual intercourse: any act involving the genitals of one person and the hand, mouth, tongue, or anus of another person or a sexual act involving the penetration, however slight, of the penis, female genitalia, or the anus by a finger, instrument or object done for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of any person or for the purpose of terrorizing the victim. See Missouri Laws 566.010
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, and to partnerships and other unincorporated associations. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- Sexual intercourse: any penetration, however slight, of the female genitalia by the penis. See Missouri Laws 566.010
2. The offense of statutory sodomy in the first degree or an attempt to commit statutory sodomy in the first degree is a felony for which the authorized term of imprisonment is life imprisonment or a term of years not less than five years, unless:
(1) The offense is an aggravated sexual offense or the victim is less than twelve years of age, in which case the authorized term of imprisonment is life imprisonment or a term of years not less than ten years; or
(2) The person is a persistent or predatory sexual offender as defined in section 566.125 and subjected to an extended term of imprisonment under said section.