1. A person commits the offense of sexual abuse in the first degree if he or she subjects another person to sexual contact when that person is incapacitated, incapable of consent, or lacks the capacity to consent, or by the use of forcible compulsion.
2. The offense of sexual abuse in the first degree is a class C felony unless the victim is less than fourteen years of age, or it is an aggravated sexual offense, in which case it is a class B felony.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 566.100
- Aggravated sexual offense: any sexual offense, in the course of which, the actor:
(a) Inflicts serious physical injury on the victim. See Missouri Laws 566.010
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, and to partnerships and other unincorporated associations. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- Sexual contact: any touching of another person with the genitals or any touching of the genitals or anus of another person, or the breast of a female person, or such touching through the clothing, for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of any person or for the purpose of terrorizing the victim. See Missouri Laws 566.010