Terms Used In Montana Code > Title 50 > Chapter 32 > Part 3
- Agent: means an authorized person who acts on behalf of or at the direction of a manufacturer, distributor, or dispenser. See Montana Code 50-32-101
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Board: means the board of pharmacy provided for in 2-15-1733. See Montana Code 50-32-101
- Bureau: means the drug enforcement administration, United States department of justice, or its successor agency. See Montana Code 50-32-101
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Dangerous drug: means a drug, substance, or immediate precursor in Schedules I through V set forth in Title 50, chapter 32, part 2. See Montana Code 50-32-101
- Department: means the department of labor and industry provided for in Title 2, chapter 15, part 17. See Montana Code 50-32-101
- Dispense: means to deliver a dangerous drug to an ultimate user or research subject by or pursuant to the lawful order of a practitioner, including the prescribing, administering, packaging, labeling, or compounding necessary to prepare the drug for that delivery. See Montana Code 50-32-101
- Dispenser: means a practitioner who dispenses. See Montana Code 50-32-101
- Distribute: means to deliver other than by administering or dispensing a dangerous drug. See Montana Code 50-32-101
- Distributor: means a person who distributes. See Montana Code 50-32-101
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Manufacture: means the production, preparation, propagation, compounding, conversion, or processing of a dangerous drug either directly or indirectly by extraction from substances of natural origin, independently by means of chemical synthesis, or by a combination of extraction and chemical synthesis and includes the packaging or repackaging of the drug or labeling or relabeling of its container. See Montana Code 50-32-101
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Person: means an individual, corporation, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, association, or any other legal entity. See Montana Code 50-32-101
- Practitioner: means :
(a) a physician, dentist, veterinarian, scientific investigator, or other person licensed, registered, or otherwise permitted to distribute, dispense, or conduct research with respect to or to administer a dangerous drug in the course of professional practice or research in this state;
(b) a pharmacy or other institution licensed, registered, or otherwise permitted to distribute, dispense, or conduct research with respect to or to administer a dangerous drug in the course of professional practice or research in this state; and
(c) a physician licensed to practice medicine or a dentist licensed to practice dentistry in another state. See Montana Code 50-32-101
- State: when applied to a part of the United States, includes a state, district, commonwealth, territory, insular possession of the United States, and any area subject to the legal authority of the United States of America. See Montana Code 50-32-101
- Ultimate user: means a person who lawfully possesses a dangerous drug for personal use or for the use of a member of the person's household or for administering to an animal owned by the person or by a member of the person's household. See Montana Code 50-32-101
- Usual: means according to usage. See Montana Code 1-1-206