|Part 1||Regulation of Sales, Installation, and Servicing||§ 50-39-101 – § 50-39-108|
Terms Used In Montana Code > Title 50 > Chapter 39
- Apprentice: means a person who is working in a training capacity to service or install fire alarm systems, special agent fire suppression systems, or fire extinguishing systems and who is studying in accordance with a program approved by the department of labor and industry. See Montana Code 50-39-108
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Endorsement: means a document, issued by the department of labor and industry to an individual who has met qualifications, that authorizes the individual to sell, service, and install fire alarm systems, special agent fire suppression systems, or fire extinguishing systems. See Montana Code 50-39-108
- Entity: means any business, partnership, sole proprietorship, organization, association, corporation, firm, governmental organization, fire agency, or any other business association. See Montana Code 50-39-108
- Fire alarm system: means a combination of approved compatible devices with the necessary electrical interconnection and energy to produce an alarm signaling the event of fire or system activation. See Montana Code 50-39-108
- Fire extinguisher: means a portable device containing an extinguishing agent that can be expelled under pressure for the purpose of suppressing or extinguishing a fire. See Montana Code 50-39-108
- Fire extinguishing system: means a fire sprinkler system designed in accordance with nationally recognized standards that consists of an assembly of piping or conduits that conveys water, foam, or air with or without other agents to dispersal openings or devices to extinguish, control, or contain fire and to provide protection from exposure to fire or the products of combustion. See Montana Code 50-39-108
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Inspection: means the periodic examination of premises, equipment, or procedures or of a licensed or endorsed person or entity to determine whether the person's or entity's business or profession is being conducted in a manner consistent with the public health, safety, and welfare. See Montana Code 50-39-108
- Install: means the technical work that may be performed only by an endorsed individual or an apprentice in the assembly of a fire alarm system, special agent fire suppression system, or fire extinguishing system. See Montana Code 50-39-108
- Knowingly: means only a knowledge that the facts exist which bring the act or omission within the provisions of this code. See Montana Code 1-1-204
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- License: means the document issued by the department of labor and industry that authorizes a person or entity to engage in the business of servicing fire extinguishers or to engage in the business of selling, servicing, or installing fire alarm systems, special agent fire suppression systems, or fire extinguishing systems. See Montana Code 50-39-108
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: includes a corporation or other entity as well as a natural person. See Montana Code 1-1-201
- Special agent fire suppression system: means an approved system and components that require individual engineering in accordance with manufacturer specifications and includes dry chemical, carbon dioxide, halogenated, gaseous agent, foam, and wet chemical systems. See Montana Code 50-39-108