|Part 1||General Provisions||§ 50-53-101 – § 50-53-115|
|Part 2||Licensure of Public Swimming Pools and Bathing Places||§ 50-53-201 – § 50-53-218|
Terms Used In Montana Code > Title 50 > Chapter 53
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- board: means a local board as defined in 50-1-101. See Montana Code 50-53-102
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Department: means the department of public health and human services provided for in 2-15-2201. See Montana Code 50-53-102
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- officer: means a local health officer as defined in 50-1-101. See Montana Code 50-53-102
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means a person, firm, partnership, corporation, or organization or the state or any political subdivision of the state. See Montana Code 50-53-102
- Property: means real and personal property. See Montana Code 1-1-205
- Public bathing place: means a body of water with bathhouses and related appurtenances operated for the public. See Montana Code 50-53-102
- Public swimming pool: means an artificial pool and related appurtenances for swimming, bathing, wading, or other aquatic therapy or recreation, including but not limited to natural hot water pools, spas, splash decks, water slides, lazy rivers, and wave pools. See Montana Code 50-53-102
- Spa: means an artificial pool that is designed for recreational bathing or therapeutic use and that is not drained, cleaned, or refilled for individual use. See Montana Code 50-53-102
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Wading pool: means a pool in which the water depth does not exceed 2 feet. See Montana Code 50-53-102
- Writing: includes printing. See Montana Code 1-1-203