Terms Used In Montana Code > Title 50 > Chapter 77 > Part 1
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Person: includes a corporation or other entity as well as a natural person. See Montana Code 1-1-201
- scaffolding: means a temporarily elevated platform and its supporting structure that is used on a construction site to support a person, material, or both. See Montana Code 50-77-101
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Montana Code 1-1-201