|§ 553.60||Short title|
|§ 553.62||State standard|
|§ 553.63||Trench excavations in excess of 5 feet deep; required information|
|§ 553.64||Certain requirements for contract bids|
Terms Used In Florida Statutes > Chapter 553 > Part III
- Board: means any board or commission, or other statutorily created entity to the extent such entity is authorized to exercise regulatory or rulemaking functions, within the department, except that, for ss. See Florida Statutes 553.514
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Department: means the Department of Health. See Florida Statutes 553.514
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- License: means any permit, registration, certificate, or license, including a provisional license, issued by the department. See Florida Statutes 553.514
- Licensee: means any person or entity issued a permit, registration, certificate, or license, including a provisional license, by the department. See Florida Statutes 553.514
- person: includes individuals, children, firms, associations, joint adventures, partnerships, estates, trusts, business trusts, syndicates, fiduciaries, corporations, and all other groups or combinations. See Florida Statutes 88.6011
- Profession: means any activity, occupation, profession, or vocation regulated by the department in the Division of Medical Quality Assurance. See Florida Statutes 553.514
- Prosecute: To charge someone with a crime. A prosecutor tries a criminal case on behalf of the government.
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.