Nevada Revised Statutes 33.018 – Acts which constitute domestic violence; exceptions
1. Domestic violence occurs when a person commits one of the following acts against or upon the person’s spouse or former spouse, any other person to whom the person is related by blood or marriage, any other person with whom the person has had or is having a dating relationship, any other person with whom the person has a child in common, the minor child of any of those persons, the person’s minor child or any other person who has been appointed the custodian or legal guardian for the person’s minor child:
Terms Used In Nevada Revised Statutes 33.018
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- person: means a natural person, any form of business or social organization and any other nongovernmental legal entity including, but not limited to, a corporation, partnership, association, trust or unincorporated organization. See Nevada Revised Statutes 0.039
(a) A battery.
(b) An assault.
(c) Coercion pursuant to NRS 207.190.
(d) A sexual assault.
(e) A knowing, purposeful or reckless course of conduct intended to harass the other person. Such conduct may include, but is not limited to:
(5) Destruction of private property.
(6) Carrying a concealed weapon without a permit.
(7) Injuring or killing an animal.
(9) An invasion of the home.
(f) A false imprisonment.
2. The provisions of this section do not apply to:
(a) Siblings, except those siblings who are in a custodial or guardianship relationship with each other; or
(b) Cousins, except those cousins who are in a custodial or guardianship relationship with each other.
3. As used in this section, ‘dating relationship’ means frequent, intimate associations primarily characterized by the expectation of affectional or sexual involvement. The term does not include a casual relationship or an ordinary association between persons in a business or social context.