Terms Used In Nevada Revised Statutes > Chapter 33 - Injunctions; Protection Orders
- Active duty: means full-time duty status in the active uniformed service of the United States, including members of the National Guard and Reserve on active duty orders pursuant to 10 U. See Nevada Revised Statutes 388F.010
- Adjourn: A motion to adjourn a legislative chamber or a committee, if passed, ends that day's session.
- Administrator: means the State Library, Archives and Public Records Administrator. See Nevada Revised Statutes 378.005
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Allegation: something that someone says happened.
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Amortization: Paying off a loan by regular installments.
- Annuity: A periodic (usually annual) payment of a fixed sum of money for either the life of the recipient or for a fixed number of years. A series of payments under a contract from an insurance company, a trust company, or an individual. Annuity payments are made at regular intervals over a period of more than one full year.
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Appraisal: A determination of property value.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- Authorized representative: means a person designated by the governing body to be responsible for the development, award and proper administration of all purchases and contracts for a local government or a department, division, agency, board or unit of a local government made pursuant to this chapter. See Nevada Revised Statutes 332.025
- Authorized representative: means a person designated by a public body to be responsible for the development, solicitation, award or administration of contracts for public works pursuant to this chapter. See Nevada Revised Statutes 338.010
- Bailee: means a person that by a warehouse receipt, bill of lading or other document of title acknowledges possession of goods and contracts to deliver them. See Nevada Revised Statutes 104.7102
- Bailiff: a court officer who enforces the rules of behavior in courtrooms.
- Bankruptcy: Refers to statutes and judicial proceedings involving persons or businesses that cannot pay their debts and seek the assistance of the court in getting a fresh start. Under the protection of the bankruptcy court, debtors may discharge their debts, perhaps by paying a portion of each debt. Bankruptcy judges preside over these proceedings.
- Board: means the State Historical Records Advisory Board. See Nevada Revised Statutes 378A.020
- Buyer: means a person who buys or contracts to buy goods. See Nevada Revised Statutes 104.2103
- Carrier: means a person that issues a bill of lading. See Nevada Revised Statutes 104.7102
- Chambers: A judge's office.
- Charity: An agency, institution, or organization in existence and operating for the benefit of an indefinite number of persons and conducted for educational, religious, scientific, medical, or other beneficent purposes.
- Charter school: means a public school that is formed pursuant to the provisions of chapter 388A of NRS. See Nevada Revised Statutes 385.007
- Chief administrative officer: means the person directly responsible to the governing body for the administration of that particular entity. See Nevada Revised Statutes 332.025
- Child of a military family: means a school-aged child enrolled in kindergarten or grades 1 through 12, inclusive, in the household of a person on active duty. See Nevada Revised Statutes 388F.010
- City: means an incorporated city. See Nevada Revised Statutes 377.020
- Common law: The legal system that originated in England and is now in use in the United States. It is based on judicial decisions rather than legislative action.
- Compact commissioner: means the voting representative of each compacting state appointed pursuant to Article VIII of this Compact. See Nevada Revised Statutes 388F.010
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Conscious disregard: means the knowledge of the probable harmful consequences of a wrongful act and a willful and deliberate failure to act to avoid those consequences. See Nevada Revised Statutes 42.001
- Consignee: means a person named in a bill of lading to which or to whose order the bill promises delivery. See Nevada Revised Statutes 104.7102
- Consignor: means a person named in a bill of lading as the person from whom the goods have been received for shipment. See Nevada Revised Statutes 104.7102
- Continuance: Putting off of a hearing ot trial until a later time.
- Contract: means a written contract entered into between a contractor and a public body for the provision of labor, materials, equipment or supplies for a public work. See Nevada Revised Statutes 338.010
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Contract for sale: includes both a present sale of goods and a contract to sell goods at a future time. See Nevada Revised Statutes 104.2106
- Contractor: means :
- controlled substance: means a drug, immediate precursor or other substance which is listed in schedule I, II, III, IV or V for control by the State Board of Pharmacy pursuant to NRS 453. See Nevada Revised Statutes 0.031
- Council: means the State Council on Libraries and Literacy. See Nevada Revised Statutes 380A.021
- Counterclaim: A claim that a defendant makes against a plaintiff.
- County: includes Carson City. See Nevada Revised Statutes 377.020
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Delivery order: means a record that contains an order to deliver goods directed to a warehouse, carrier or other person that in the ordinary course of business issues warehouse receipts or bills of lading. See Nevada Revised Statutes 104.7102
- Department: means the Department of Motor Vehicles. See Nevada Revised Statutes 360A.010
- Department: means the Department of Education. See Nevada Revised Statutes 385.007
- Department: means the Department of Motor Vehicles. See Nevada Revised Statutes 371.020
- Department: means the Department of Administration. See Nevada Revised Statutes 378.005
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Deployment: means the period 1 month before the departure of a person on active duty from his or her home station on military orders though 6 months after return to his or her home station. See Nevada Revised Statutes 388F.010
- Deposition: An oral statement made before an officer authorized by law to administer oaths. Such statements are often taken to examine potential witnesses, to obtain discovery, or to be used later in trial.
- Design professional: means :
(a) A person who is licensed as a professional engineer pursuant to chapter 625 of NRS;
(b) A person who is licensed as a professional land surveyor pursuant to chapter 625 of NRS;
(c) A person who holds a certificate of registration to engage in the practice of architecture, interior design or residential design pursuant to chapter 623 of NRS;
(d) A person who holds a certificate of registration to engage in the practice of landscape architecture pursuant to chapter 623A of NRS; or
(e) A business entity that engages in the practice of professional engineering, land surveying, architecture or landscape architecture. See Nevada Revised Statutes 338.010
- Design-build contract: means a contract between a public body and a design-build team in which the design-build team agrees to design and construct a public work. See Nevada Revised Statutes 338.010
- Design-build team: means an entity that consists of:
(a) At least one person who is licensed as a general engineering contractor or a general building contractor pursuant to chapter 624 of NRS; and
(b) For a public work that consists of:
- Director: means the Director of the Department. See Nevada Revised Statutes 378.005
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- Division: means the State Public Works Division of the Department of Administration. See Nevada Revised Statutes 338.010
- Division: means the Division of State Library, Archives and Public Records of the Department. See Nevada Revised Statutes 378.005
- Docket: A log containing brief entries of court proceedings.
- Donee: The recipient of a gift.
- Educational records: means the official records, files and data directly relating to a student which are maintained by a school or local education agency, including, without limitation, records encompassing all the material kept in the student"s cumulative folder, such as general identifying data, records of attendance and of academic work completed, records of achievement, results of evaluative tests, health data, disciplinary status, test protocols and individualized education programs. See Nevada Revised Statutes 388F.010
- Eligible bidder: means a person who is:
(a) Found to be a responsible and responsive contractor by a local government or its authorized representative which requests bids for a public work in accordance with paragraph (b) of subsection 1 of NRS 338. See Nevada Revised Statutes 338.010
- Entitlement: A Federal program or provision of law that requires payments to any person or unit of government that meets the eligibility criteria established by law. Entitlements constitute a binding obligation on the part of the Federal Government, and eligible recipients have legal recourse if the obligation is not fulfilled. Social Security and veterans' compensation and pensions are examples of entitlement programs.
- Equitable: Pertaining to civil suits in "equity" rather than in "law." In English legal history, the courts of "law" could order the payment of damages and could afford no other remedy. See damages. A separate court of "equity" could order someone to do something or to cease to do something. See, e.g., injunction. In American jurisprudence, the federal courts have both legal and equitable power, but the distinction is still an important one. For example, a trial by jury is normally available in "law" cases but not in "equity" cases. Source: U.S. Courts
- Escrow: Money given to a third party to be held for payment until certain conditions are met.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Executive Director: means the Executive Director of the Department of Taxation. See Nevada Revised Statutes 360.001
- Extracurricular activities: means a voluntary activity sponsored by a school or local education agency or an organization sanctioned by a local education agency, including, without limitation, preparation for and involvement in public performances, contests, athletic competitions, demonstrations, displays and club activities. See Nevada Revised Statutes 388F.010
- Fair market value: The price at which an asset would change hands in a transaction between a willing, informed buyer and a willing, informed seller.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Foreclosure: A legal process in which property that is collateral or security for a loan may be sold to help repay the loan when the loan is in default. Source: OCC
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Garnishment: Generally, garnishment is a court proceeding in which a creditor asks a court to order a third party who owes money to the debtor or otherwise holds assets belonging to the debtor to turn over to the creditor any of the debtor
- General contractor: means a person who is licensed to conduct business in one, or both, of the following branches of the contracting business:
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Goods: means all things that are treated as movable for the purposes of a contract for storage or transportation. See Nevada Revised Statutes 104.7102
- Governing body: means the governing body of a county or city that proposes to create or creates a district pursuant to this chapter. See Nevada Revised Statutes 318A.030
- Governing body: means the board, council, commission or other body in which the general legislative and fiscal powers of the local government are vested. See Nevada Revised Statutes 332.025
- Governing body: means the board, council, commission or other body in which the general legislative and fiscal powers of a local government are vested. See Nevada Revised Statutes 338.010
- Grantor: The person who establishes a trust and places property into it.
- Guarantor: A party who agrees to be responsible for the payment of another party's debts should that party default. Source: OCC
- Homeschooled child: means a child who receives instruction at home and who is exempt from compulsory attendance pursuant to NRS 392. See Nevada Revised Statutes 385.007
- incarcerated persons: means persons who are incarcerated in a facility or institution operated by the Department of Corrections. See Nevada Revised Statutes 388H.010
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Interest rate: The amount paid by a borrower to a lender in exchange for the use of the lender's money for a certain period of time. Interest is paid on loans or on debt instruments, such as notes or bonds, either at regular intervals or as part of a lump sum payment when the issue matures. Source: OCC
- Interested party: includes , without limitation, a member of the public, an owner of property within a proposed district or a district and each county, city, town and special district with territory proposed to be located or located within the boundaries of a proposed district or district. See Nevada Revised Statutes 318A.030
- Interrogatories: Written questions asked by one party of an opposing party, who must answer them in writing under oath; a discovery device in a lawsuit.
- Interstate Commission: means the Interstate Commission on Educational Opportunity for Military Children created by Article IX of this Compact. See Nevada Revised Statutes 388F.010
- Issuer: means a bailee that issues a document of title or, in the case of an unaccepted delivery order, the person that orders the possessor of goods to deliver. See Nevada Revised Statutes 104.7102
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- Local education agency: means an administrative agency legally constituted by the state to provide control of and direction for public educational institutions for kindergarten and grades 1 through 12, inclusive. See Nevada Revised Statutes 388F.010
- local government: means :
(a) Every political subdivision or other entity which has the right to levy or receive money from ad valorem taxes or other taxes or from any mandatory assessments, including counties, cities, towns, school districts and other districts organized pursuant to chapters 244, 318, 318A, 379, 450, 474, 539, 541, 543 and 555 of NRS. See Nevada Revised Statutes 332.015
- Local government: means every political subdivision or other entity which has the right to levy or receive money from ad valorem or other taxes or any mandatory assessments, and includes, without limitation, counties, cities, towns, boards, school districts and other districts organized pursuant to chapters 244A, 318, 318A, 379, 474, 538, 541, 543 and 555 of NRS, NRS 450. See Nevada Revised Statutes 338.010
- Majority leader: see Floor Leaders
- Member state: means a state that has enacted this Compact. See Nevada Revised Statutes 388F.010
- Military installation: means a base, camp, post, station, yard, center or homeport facility for any ship or other activity under the jurisdiction of the United States Department of Defense, including any leased facility, which is located within any of the several states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, the Northern Marianas Islands or any other territory of the United States. See Nevada Revised Statutes 388F.010
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- mortgage: includes a deed of trust. See Nevada Revised Statutes 0.037
- Mortgage loan: A loan made by a lender to a borrower for the financing of real property. Source: OCC
- Mortgagor: The person who pledges property to a creditor as collateral for a loan and who receives the money.
- Nolo contendere: No contest-has the same effect as a plea of guilty, as far as the criminal sentence is concerned, but may not be considered as an admission of guilt for any other purpose.
- Oath: A promise to tell the truth.
- Offense: means :
(a) Failing to:
(1) Pay the prevailing wage required pursuant to this chapter;
(2) Pay the contributions for unemployment compensation required pursuant to chapter 612 of NRS;
- On-line solicitation: means a process by which a responding offeror submits a response to a solicitation on a secure website on the Internet or its successor, if any, which is established and maintained for that purpose. See Nevada Revised Statutes 332.025
- Open-space land: means land that is undeveloped natural landscape, including, but not limited to, ridges, stream corridors, natural shoreline, scenic areas, viewsheds, agricultural or other land devoted exclusively to open-space use and easements devoted to open-space use that are owned, controlled or leased by public or nonprofit agencies. See Nevada Revised Statutes 376A.010
- Open-space plan: means the plan adopted by the board of county commissioners of a county to provide for the acquisition, development and use of open-space land. See Nevada Revised Statutes 376A.010
- Open-space use: includes :
(a) The preservation of land to conserve and enhance natural or scenic resources;
(b) The protection of streams and stream environment zones, watersheds, viewsheds, natural vegetation and wildlife habitat areas;
(c) The maintenance of natural and artificially created features that control floods, other than dams;
(d) The preservation of natural resources and sites that are designated as historic by the Office of Historic Preservation of the State Department of Conservation and Natural Resources; and
(e) The development of recreational sites. See Nevada Revised Statutes 376A.010
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- physician: means a person who engages in the practice of medicine, including osteopathy and homeopathy. See Nevada Revised Statutes 0.040
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Plea: In a criminal case, the defendant's statement pleading "guilty" or "not guilty" in answer to the charges, a declaration made in open court.
- Pleadings: Written statements of the parties in a civil case of their positions. In the federal courts, the principal pleadings are the complaint and the answer.
- population: means the number of people in a specified area as determined by the last preceding national decennial census conducted by the Bureau of the Census of the United States Department of Commerce pursuant to Section 2 of Article I of the Constitution of the United States and reported by the Secretary of Commerce to the Governor pursuant to 13 U. See Nevada Revised Statutes 0.050
- Power of attorney: A written instrument which authorizes one person to act as another's agent or attorney. The power of attorney may be for a definite, specific act, or it may be general in nature. The terms of the written power of attorney may specify when it will expire. If not, the power of attorney usually expires when the person granting it dies. Source: OCC
- President pro tempore: A constitutionally recognized officer of the Senate who presides over the chamber in the absence of the Vice President. The President Pro Tempore (or, "president for a time") is elected by the Senate and is, by custom, the Senator of the majority party with the longest record of continuous service.
- Prime contractor: means a contractor who:
(a) Contracts to construct an entire project;
(b) Coordinates all work performed on the entire project;
(c) Uses his or her own workforce to perform all or a part of the public work; and
(d) Contracts for the services of any subcontractor or independent contractor or is responsible for payment to any contracted subcontractors or independent contractors. See Nevada Revised Statutes 338.010
- Probable cause: A reasonable ground for belief that the offender violated a specific law.
- project: includes , without limitation, any structure, undertaking or system which a district is authorized to acquire, improve, equip, maintain or operate. See Nevada Revised Statutes 318A.030
- Proprietary information: means :
(a) Any trade secret or confidential business information that is contained in a response submitted to a governing body or its authorized representative on a particular contract; or
(b) Any other trade secret or confidential business information submitted to a governing body or its authorized representative by a responding offeror and designated as proprietary by the governing body or its authorized representative. See Nevada Revised Statutes 332.025
- Public body: means the State, county, city, town, school district or any public agency of this State or its political subdivisions sponsoring or financing a public work. See Nevada Revised Statutes 338.010
- Public work: means any project for the new construction, repair or reconstruction of a project financed in whole or in part from public money for:
(a) Public buildings;
(b) Jails and prisons;
(c) Public roads;
(d) Public highways;
(e) Public streets and alleys;
(f) Public utilities;
(g) Publicly owned water mains and sewers;
(h) Public parks and playgrounds;
(i) Public convention facilities which are financed at least in part with public money; and
(j) All other publicly owned works and property. See Nevada Revised Statutes 338.010
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Receiving state: means the state to which a child of a military family is sent, brought or caused to be sent or brought. See Nevada Revised Statutes 388F.010
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Remand: When an appellate court sends a case back to a lower court for further proceedings.
- Reporter: Makes a record of court proceedings and prepares a transcript, and also publishes the court's opinions or decisions (in the courts of appeals).
- Rescission: The cancellation of budget authority previously provided by Congress. The Impoundment Control Act of 1974 specifies that the President may propose to Congress that funds be rescinded. If both Houses have not approved a rescission proposal (by passing legislation) within 45 days of continuous session, any funds being withheld must be made available for obligation.
- Responding offeror: means a person who responds to a solicitation made by a governing body or its authorized representative. See Nevada Revised Statutes 332.025
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- retailer: has the meaning ascribed to it in NRS 372. See Nevada Revised Statutes 360.005
- Right of survivorship: The ownership rights that result in the acquisition of title to property by reason of having survived other co-owners.
- Rule: means a written statement by the Interstate Commission promulgated pursuant to Article XII of this Compact that is of general applicability and implements, interprets or prescribes a policy or provision of this Compact or an organizational, procedural or practice requirement of the Interstate Commission and has the force and effect of statutory law in a member state, including the amendment, repeal or suspension of an existing rule. See Nevada Revised Statutes 388F.010
- Seller: means a person who sells or contracts to sell goods. See Nevada Revised Statutes 104.2103
- Sending state: means the state from which a child of a military family is sent, brought or caused to be sent or brought. See Nevada Revised Statutes 388F.010
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- Shipper: means a person that enters into a contract of transportation with a carrier. See Nevada Revised Statutes 104.7102
- Solicitation: means a written statement which sets forth the requirements and specifications of a contract to be awarded by:
(a) An invitation to bid;
(b) A request for proposals;
(c) A request for a statement of qualifications;
(d) A request for a quotation; or
(e) Any other accepted method of purchasing that complies with the provisions of this chapter. See Nevada Revised Statutes 332.025
- Specialty contractor: means a person who is licensed to conduct business as described in subsection 4 of NRS 624. See Nevada Revised Statutes 338.010
- State: means a state of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, the Northern Marianas Islands and any other territory of the United States. See Nevada Revised Statutes 388F.010
- state: means a state, territory or possession of the United States, the District of Columbia or the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. See Nevada Revised Statutes 397.005
- State Board: means the State Board of Education. See Nevada Revised Statutes 385.007
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Student: means the child of a military family for whom the local education agency receives public funding and who is formally enrolled in kindergarten or grades 1 through 12, inclusive. See Nevada Revised Statutes 388F.010
- Subcontract: means a written contract entered into between:
(a) A contractor and a subcontractor or supplier; or
(b) A subcontractor and another subcontractor or supplier, for the provision of labor, materials, equipment or supplies for a construction project. See Nevada Revised Statutes 338.010
- Subcontractor: means a person who:
(b) Contracts with a contractor, another subcontractor or a supplier to provide labor, materials or services for a construction project. See Nevada Revised Statutes 338.010
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Summons: Another word for subpoena used by the criminal justice system.
- Supplemental city-county relief tax: means the remainder of the tax after subtracting the basic city-county relief tax. See Nevada Revised Statutes 377.020
- Supplier: means a person who provides materials, equipment or supplies for a construction project. See Nevada Revised Statutes 338.010
- Temporary restraining order: Prohibits a person from an action that is likely to cause irreparable harm. This differs from an injunction in that it may be granted immediately, without notice to the opposing party, and without a hearing. It is intended to last only until a hearing can be held.
- Testify: Answer questions in court.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- Tort: A civil wrong or breach of a duty to another person, as outlined by law. A very common tort is negligent operation of a motor vehicle that results in property damage and personal injury in an automobile accident.
- Transcript: A written, word-for-word record of what was said, either in a proceeding such as a trial or during some other conversation, as in a transcript of a hearing or oral deposition.
- Transition: means the formal and physical process of transferring from school to school or the period of time in which a student moves from one school in the sending state to another school in the receiving state. See Nevada Revised Statutes 388F.010
- Trust account: A general term that covers all types of accounts in a trust department, such as estates, guardianships, and agencies. Source: OCC
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- Uniformed service: means the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard or Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. See Nevada Revised Statutes 388F.010
- Vehicle: means any vehicle required to be registered pursuant to the provisions of chapter 482 or 706 of NRS, except mobile homes as defined in NRS 482. See Nevada Revised Statutes 371.020
- Wages: means :
(a) The basic hourly rate of pay; and
(b) The amount of pension, health and welfare, vacation and holiday pay, the cost of apprenticeship training or other bona fide fringe benefits which are a benefit to the worker. See Nevada Revised Statutes 338.010
- Warehouse: means a person engaged in the business of storing goods for hire. See Nevada Revised Statutes 104.7102
- Worker: means a skilled mechanic, skilled worker, semiskilled mechanic, semiskilled worker or unskilled worker in the service of a contractor or subcontractor under any appointment or contract of hire or apprenticeship, express or implied, oral or written, whether lawfully or unlawfully employed. See Nevada Revised Statutes 338.010
- Writ: A formal written command, issued from the court, requiring the performance of a specific act.