As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
Terms Used In Nevada Revised Statutes 333.020
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- person: means a natural person, any form of business or social organization and any other nongovernmental legal entity including, but not limited to, a corporation, partnership, association, trust or unincorporated organization. See Nevada Revised Statutes 104.4111
1. ’Administrator’ means the Administrator of the Purchasing Division.
2. ’Best value’ means the greatest possible economy consistent with grades or qualities of supplies, materials, equipment and services that are adapted to the purposes to be served.
3. ’Director’ means the Director of the Department of Administration.
4. ’Invitation to bid’ means a written statement which sets forth the requirements and specifications of a contract to be awarded by competitive selection.
5. ’Proprietary information’ means:
(a) Any trade secret or confidential business information that is contained in a bid or proposal submitted on a particular contract; or
(b) Any other trade secret or confidential business information submitted in a bid or proposal and designated as proprietary by the Administrator. As used in this subsection, ‘confidential business information’ means any information relating to the amount or source of any income, profits, losses or expenditures of a person, including data relating to cost or price submitted in support of a bid or proposal. The term does not include the amount of a bid or proposal.
6. ’Purchasing Division’ means the Purchasing Division of the Department of Administration.
7. ’Purchasing officer’ means a person who is authorized by the Administrator or a using agency to participate in:
(a) The evaluation of bids or proposals for a contract;
(b) Any negotiations concerning a contract; or
(c) The development, review or approval of a contract.
8. ’Request for proposals’ means a written statement which sets forth the requirements and specifications of a contract to be awarded by competitive selection.
9. ’Trade secret’ has the meaning ascribed to it in NRS 600A.030.
10. ’Using agencies’ means all officers, departments, institutions, boards, commissions and other agencies in the Executive Department of the State Government which derive their support from public money in whole or in part, whether the money is provided by the State of Nevada, received from the Federal Government or any branch, bureau or agency thereof, or derived from private or other sources. The term does not include the Nevada Rural Housing Authority, the Housing Division of the Department of Business and Industry, local governments as defined in NRS 354.474, conservation districts, irrigation districts and the Nevada System of Higher Education.